Wednesday, August 27, 2008

16, The laying resumes.

February 2001, and I was back into the stone laying, by this stage I was very seriously regretting having used the Beeac church stone for the base walls. My skills with the chisels and angle grinder had vastly improved and I was much happier with the quality of the stonework that I was producing. I don't mind so much the poorer work that I had done on the back walls but have been considering re-doing the front section.
I covered the framed rear section with temporary roofing and clad the sides with used weatherboards to protect the pine, this also allowed us some extra sheltered areas.
By mid March I was up to the halfway mark with the southern end of the west wall. The concrete slab for the front verandah, which will sit on the red bricks on the right will be done at a later date.

No comments: